Mont Marte's calligraphy set is made for those who want to explore or refine their skills in hand lettering. This starter kit includes 4 classic-style, black calligraphy pens and 4 nib grades, as well as 6 inks colors. The nibs are for traditional calligraphy and are used primarily in Roman Round Hand, Italic, Gothic and Uncial writing styles. The Mont Marte Calligraphy Set also comes with instruction and exercise booklets to offer a letter-by-letter introduction to the art of calligraphic writing, plus many other handy tips. Develop your calligraphy skills and express your creativity through a range of lettering styles with this excellent set.
- 4 separate pens
- 4 different nib grades (fine, medium, broad, & x-broad)
- 16 ink cartridges in 6 different colors (6 black, 6 blue, 1 brown, 1 green, 1 pink, & 1 orange)
Inserting the ink cartridge
Step 1: To insert your ink cartridge, gently unscrew the black nib of the calligraphy pen and put the cartridge (smaller opening end first) into the opening.
Step 2: Hold the inserted ink cartridge against a strong surface, such as a table top, and press down firmly on the pen to force the cartridge to click into place. You will hear a click when the back of the pen nib pierces the cartridge.
Step 3: Screw the nib back onto the pen and place the calligraphy pen upright for a minute or two, prior to use. Then gently press it onto a scrap piece of paper to start the ink flow â�" it should only take a couple of strokes for the ink to start flowing. You're now ready to start writing!
Using your pen
To keep the ink flowing smoothly, always hold your pen so that the nib is angled between 30 and 45 degrees; to the paper (calligraphy pens are not designed to be used in the same way as stationary pens).
- To keep your nibs in good condition, always clean and return them to the box after each session.
- Wash the nib under lukewarm water after extended use and dry carefully with a soft cloth. Do not allow ink to dry on the nib as this will stop it from flowing. Once clean and dry, replace the cap.
- Carry and store your pen upright (nib upright) to prevent leakage.